What is it about?
Retirement planning is the process of arranging your finances so that you can achieve the lifestyle that you want for your retirement. It is a very important time in your life because decisions made will impact you for the rest of your life and unlike in your earlier years your ability to return to work an earn money is unlikely.
Many years ago the Federal Government introduced the compulsory superannuation system and with it many incentives to support hard working Australians to fund their own retirement with the intention of being self-funded.
Not all Australians achieve this goal and as a result the welfare system, in particular the age pension, is in place to provide a safety net for Australians. Some retirees will need to access their superannuation, the age pension and other personal investment assets to fund their retirement. This is known as the three pillar strategy.
A successful retirement means different things to different people. But whether it’s quality time with loved ones, seeing the world, volunteering or spending more time in the garden, one thing is for sure – no one wants to spend their golden years stressed by financial concerns.
A bit of careful planning can help to eliminate the worry of not having enough to live on. Wherever you are on your road to retirement, it’s never too early to start planning. Even if you feel you’ve left things a little late, planning now can still make a real difference.
We can help. As retirement specialists, we can help you to understand and plan for key financial issues.
- Superannuation– for most Australians, superannuation will be their biggest asset, aside from their home. We’ll explain the issues you need to consider and how to make your super work for you.
- Investing– how to build an investment portfolio that’s right for you, which assets to invest in, and how to manage risk.
- Centrelink and other Government benefits– we’ll guide you through the complex maze of pensions, allowances, allowance and benefits available from the Age Pension to Pension Concession Card and Seniors Health Card. We explain how to qualify for entitlements and choosing social security friendly investments.
- Tax and retirement income strategies– how to choose between retirement investment options and the tax and social security implications. We can also help you to evaluate the different types of retirement income products available.
- We can also help you understand other broader retirement issues, such as estate planning, accommodation options and planning for aged care.
Want to be financially free?
Let us help you get there!